Here we collect our mini-tutorials for download which we present occasionally e.g. at AG-Meetings. Longer versions can also be used for VO-Days and workshops.
Trouble? Want more explanations? Searching for more demos? Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- add-pms.pdf - Crossmatch with TOPCAT
- astrometric-calib-aladin.pdf - Astometric calibration using Aladin
- registry-data-discovery.pdf - Data discovery with the registry
- topcat-aladin-together.pdf - TOPCAT and Aladin working together
- pyvo.pdf - Astropy and the VO
- simulations.pdf - Accessing simulation databases and visualising results with TOPCAT
- simulations-short-dachs.pdf - A shorter version, using a subset of the data in DaCHS, accessing the data directly from TOPCAT using TAP and ADQL
- simulations-teachers.pdf - Another simulations tutorial, adjusted for a teacher-workshop. Deals with density fields and dark matter halos. Includes instructions for plotting with Gnuplot, in case TOPCAT is not available.
- rave.pdf - Downloading and viewing RAVE data with TOPCAT and Aladin; Filter for Aladin: RAVE-Map-Aladin.ajs
- Using TAP to access Gaia gog data
- Compute Redshifts of Quasars Using Splat VO - Downloads
- uwsintro.pdf - First steps for interacting with a UWS web service from the command line to retrieve data from a database. Uses httpie and/or uws-client.
The following VO client programs are used in one or more of the above tutorials; for convenience, here are links to their download pages: